FreshEdge is built on a united infrastructure of fresh food distributors collectively working to provide an unmatched assortment and service level across contiguous geographies via multiple locations and refrigerated facilities. We look forward to adding to our team and continuing our growth.
FreshEdge Mission, Vision and Values:
- Mission – We provide customized fresh food solutions and exceptional customer experiences through experts who care.
- Vision – We strive to be the pre-eminent family of best-in-class fresh food companies driving success for our customers.
- Values – Passionate, Relational, Innovative, Real, Ethical, Customer-obsessed
Opportunity to execute and improve the following areas:
- Regularly collaborate with business leaders to conduct needs assessment, execute strategy, and develop desired company culture.
- Facilitate a positive work environment, build morale, and increase productivity and retention for the operating company.
- Facilitate day-to-day interaction with employees to oversee all areas of the employee lifecycle.
- Execute employee onboarding functions for all new hires, including orientation, employee handbook content review, benefits review, E-Verify and background checks. Maintain new hire files.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating potential solutions, coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Provides guidance and input on company restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for departments and individual employees. Evaluate and monitor training programs to ensure success.
- Partner with the safety team to facilitate a culture of workplace safety through workers compensation administration, light duty programs, and injury tracking.
- Guide the administration of employee benefits (enrollment, claims, terminations, issues) – Health & Welfare Benefits and 401(k) retirement plans.
Competencies, Education, and Skills to be Successful:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Four years of human resource management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solver with robust analytical skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Health & Welfare Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Weekly Pay
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.