Piazza Produce offers a wide array of produce, locally sourced goods, specialty items, and more. Piazza Produce delivers to over 150 surrounding cities including those in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, Tennessee, and Michigan. This allows us a large distribution network in which we are able to back haul and deliver products from producers who need help distributing their products.
Piazza Produce is recruiting a Transportation Coordinator to come join our family. We are a company that can offer you benefits and longevity with job security. The Transportation Coordinator position must align with the core values of both FreshEdge and Piazza Produce – customer-obsessed, passionate, relational, innovative, real, and ethical.
- In this role the successful candidate will become responsible for assisting the management of off-site loading dock and drivers.
- Strategically prepare dock and truck for loading
- Actively track all driver’s preparation for routes report timely departure
- Communicate all route issues, including late dispatches, breakdowns, etc
- Promptly fill-in route delivery for vacations, call-offs, emergency shipments
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the warehouse inside and out
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets of product as necessary to load onto truck or reposition in warehouse
- Wheel hand truck loaded with produce out back of truck and place location specified by customer
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license or be willing to obtain upon hire
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- At least 1-3 years’ experience performing all the above functions
- Health & Welfare Benefits (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Weekly Pay