Piazza Produce, a FreshEdge company, is committed to supplying a wide array of food service leaders with the highest quality and freshest fruit and vegetables on the market today. Since 1970, we’ve provided our customers with the utmost service experience. Due to continued growth, Piazza Produce is looking for ambitious, self-motivated candidates with a positive attitude for Local Truck Driver Box Truck Delivery positions with a growing company! Competitive pay, full benefits, steady routes, and home every night!
**No experience necessary** New CDL Graduates and permit holders encouraged to apply**
**$3,000 sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 30 days, $1K paid after 60 days, $1K paid after 90 days**
- Average annual salary $55,000-$65,000 per year, which includes:
- Starting salary for this position is $16.00 per hour
- If employee possesses valid CDL pay is $17.50 per hour
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Work 55-65 hours per week
- Eligible for safety bonus after 90 days: 1% of annual salary
- Scheduled annual increases, $0.50 per hour
- $3,000 sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 6 months, $1K paid after 9 mos, $1K paid after 12 mos.
- Weekly paychecks
- Career advancement opportunities
After 90 days of employment:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Disability and Life)
- PTO and Holidays:
- 2 weeks vacation for every calendar year and 3 PTO days per year (prorated)
- 4 working Holidays paid; 2 non-working Holidays paid: Thanksgiving Day & Christmas
- After 1 year of employment; 401(k) plan provides a matching contribution of the first 4% of compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monday-Saturday; 5-6 days per week.
- Work every Saturday; off every Sunday and one other day off during the week
- Start time varies, typically between 3am-7am; work until work is done, typically 8-12 hours per day
- No overnights; home every day
- Routes can be 15-25 stops per day
- Palletized freight, deliver to restaurants and schools in Indiana and surrounding areas
- Touch freight, hand unload using ramp and dolly, some lift-gate
- Deliver 300+ cases per day; up/down stairs at some locations
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Routes can change anytime throughout the day
- Hold a valid Driver´s License with For-Hire endorsement
- Backing in and out of docks
- Transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included
- Must pass DOT drug screen and physical, the company’s post offer-pre work screen, and a criminal background screen
- Be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be able to lift, push, pull 50 pounds with no assistance
- Be able to use a lift-gate and a 2-wheel dolly on a ramp
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.